Sunday, May 8, 2011

Had a great Mother's Day today

It didn't look promising today, but I'm thinking positive here.
I woke up to several text this morning and to find several text wishing me a Happy Mother's Day, I'm loved.

My oldest son made my Breakfast of 11eggo's pancake mini's with spray butter and 1/8 c lite syrup, 3 brown and serve lite original sausage and some wine grapes. Total points plus =11
My daughter came home with goodies and Audrey gave her a Mother's Day kiss to.
Kimberly made my lunch of her famous baked chicken that she adds Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning and Mrs. Dash table blend and baked to perfection. The side was Garden Vegetable Medley one of our favorite quick meals. Points plus=5
My favorite snack is 7 reduced triscuits french onion laughing cow wedge and a navel orange points plus =4
My husband came home with an arm full of flowers, look at that proud face or it could be because the Dodgers won against the Mets 4 to 2. My older son gave him a hard time saying he had to out do us. I'm not complaining.  
I was so preoccupied with the flowers, I smelled something burning and the triscuit bag was on fire from the candle.  I couldn't blow it out and kept yelling at my son DO SOMETHING!!! DO SOMETHING!!! He grabbed a cup of water and doused it out, what a mess.
My boys bought a gift card for one of my favorite stores Sur la table so exited to get another food scale so I don't have to guess the oz. for weight watchers. My other one melted on the stove, do you see a theme here? Ha ha
To finish the perfect evening off my son made 3 oz. orange chicken over 1/2 c white and brown rice.    Points plus = 10
My youngest was in charge of dessert but we were out of oil so it will be continued till Tuesday. Theres never to much of a good thing is there.

Well speaking of Mother's Day, my Mama passed away many years ago, so it was a bitter sweet day today. I miss her dearly. If its a bad day I wish she was here to talk to. She was so kind to everyone and would give her clothes off her back to help you. I went through her pictures to put some up on the blog and it was very emotional but fun to remember back at a happy time.
When I show a picture of mama I have to put her twin brother also. She was so proud of her 2 brothers Dean and Ralph(twin)

October 1956 My dad must been on leave from the navy. This is in the navy housing in Long Beach Ca.
Mom always made sure we went to church every Sunday.

I love you Mama.


1 comment:

  1. Liked your Mothers day post. it was also cool to see the pictures of you mothers twin and her.
    Twins are special people, I know because I'm one too! I sensed that Your mother was a great MOM!

    Take care Pam and thanks for the wishing me well.
    and keeping me in your thoughts.

    Captain HighTide (Tom)

    ReplyDelete