Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lodge - Seasoned Cast Iron

image discription
After breakfast I seasoned my new cast iron 12" pan. I looked at the web site and fell in love with the blue panini press, I waaaaaant it.
 
Breakfast 1 orange 0 pts 81 calories

 
Snack: 3 chocolate covered cherries 4-ww pts. 225-cals.
1/2 Big Hunk 3-ww pts. 115-cals.

lunch: Macaroni salad 1 cup 7 pts. 275 calories

my new 12 in" cast iron after seasoning, was able to use it tonight.
Apply a very thin, even coating of MELTED solid vegetable
shortening (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware inside and out. Too much oil will result in a sticky finish.
* Place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any drips.
* Set oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
* Place cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven to prevent pooling.
* Bake the cookware for at least one hour. After the hour, turn the oven off and let the cookware cool in the oven.
* Store the cookware uncovered, in a dry place when cooled.
* Repeat as necessary.
 

Busy mom Lasagna 19 pts. yikes 681 calories.
Country Quick & Easy (Busy Mom Lasagna) from Gooseberry Patch. Usually you can get it free from amazon onto your kindle.
And a simple salad with Marie's asiago peppercorn dressing 2 T 5 pts 162 calories
I thought I was buying blue cheese but grabbed the wrong bottle, it better be good. It wasn't bad but I want my blue cheese.
 

Garlic Parm Breadsticks 5 pts. 132 calories
 
It took hours to prepare but it was very good.
One of my boy's does not like ricotta cheese so this was a good choice for him.

 Dinner is from the DVO's Cook'n 5 day meal plan.
and Country Quick & Easy (Busy Mom Lasagna) from Gooseberry Patch. Usually you can get it free from amazon onto your kindle.


Total pts today=43 way over but used my weekly extra points. weekly extra left is 29
Total calories=1672 which isn't bad according myfitnesspal. My goal is 1600 calories.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment